» »

Ticonderoga Class Cg Parts 10,908 part numbers

Part Number
NSN
NIIN
0 5111 00044 1 Electronic Data Processing Tape
010862044
0 51111 00044 1 Electronic Data Processing Tape
010862044
0-190-247 V Belt
005290344
0.50013UNC2BT1G 400NS/BEA Plain Nut Hexagon
002725700
00&131RED Indicator Light
001488031
000-60-8017-03-13 Electrical Contact
010496719
000-60-8017-03-13-343 Electrical Contact
010496719
000-8002-337 Incandescent Lamp
004910402
000-8002-381 Pipe Elbow
001377875
000-8004-021 Fixed Resistor Film
001528442
000-8006-266 Pipe Elbow
001377875
000-8007-053 Plug Connector Electrical
000018655
0000-08-0024 Electrical Surge Arrester
000897510
000000-0076.166 Electrical Connector Retainer
009324560
00004 Washer Bearing Thrust
008030215
00013200MG O-ring
002420701
0002722 Incandescent Lamp
002671167
00043 Test Lead Set
011478587
00044 Plain Encased Seal
004507396
Page: ...

USS Ticonderoga (DDG/CG-47) was a guided-missile cruiser of the United States Navy. Homeported in Pascagoula, Mississippi, the "Tico" was the lead ship of her class.

Ticonderoga was the first combatant ship to feature the Aegis combat system (a limited version of the system had been tested on Norton Sound). This allows the ship to track and engage multiple targets (aircraft) much more effectively than any ship previously.

CG-47 is the fifth United States Navy vessel to carry on the name Ticonderoga. The ship was the fifth ship named for the Capture of Fort Ticonderoga in 1775.

The United States Navy built the first Aegis cruisers using the hull and machinery designs of Spruance-class destroyers. Ticonderoga was ordered as a guided missile destroyer, but redesignated as a cruiser before she was laid down.

The contract to build DDG-47 Ticonderoga was awarded to Ingalls Shipbuilding on 22 September 1978. On 1 January 1980, she was redesignated as a guided missile cruiser, CG-47. Her keel was laid down on 21 January 1980, the 35th anniversary of the devastating kamikaze attack on the Essex-class aircraft carrier Ticonderoga. CG-47 was launched on 25 April 1981 and was delivered on 13 December 1982. She was commissioned on 22 January 1983 with First Lady Nancy Reagan, the ship's main sponsor, having the honor of christening the ship on 16 May 1981.